Why High Knees?
High Knees is a simple drill that most runners have done at some point. Many coaches include it as a part of drills that are practiced routinely or as a part of a daily warm up. It’s a common drill for many reasons. Coaches use it to:
- Warm up
- Teach their runners how to be light on their feet
- Help runners adjust to forefoot striking at a higher intensity
- Teach runners to reduce the amount of time their foot touches the ground
- Reinforce good running form with regular practice
- Increase stride length/top end speed