Here are 5 quick tips that will help you prevent running injuries.
- Warm up before your run. Try a slow jog.
- Cool down after your run. Again, slowly jog.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. This will speed up your body’s natural healing process and reduce the amount of time you need to recover from training. Thus, you are helping to reduce the chance of overuse injuries.
- Drink enough water. 8 glasses a day isn’t enough when you’re running.
- Wear shoes that fit your feet well. But, also make sure they fit your goals.
In the short-term, these tips can help you reduce the risk of running injuries. Of course, you should also learn and practice good form!